Saturday, September 1, 2012

Home Improvement Projects Update #1

I'm always looking for a good home improvement project, and lately it's been furniture facelifts.


Chair for My Vanity
I used Valspar metallic spray paint in Gold antiqued with two coats of Valspar translucent color glaze in Mocha.  I used the dry brush technique.  The upholstery job isn't the best, but I tried.  :)


Credenza
This project was my first attempt at antiquing.  I used Valspar satin interior paint in Leafy Rise antiqued with two coats of Valspar translucent color glaze in Mocha.  I slopped on the glaze with a sponge brush and then wiped away what I didn't want with paper towels.



Desk for Study

This was my second attempt with glaze.  I used Valspar interior satin paint in Posh Red with two coats of the mocha glaze again.  It is very subtle.  I could have used more coats of the mocha glaze or changed to the ebony for a darker affect. 

No comments: